Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Study, Facebook, Eat, Sleep. (Repeat)

In some places, people are packing their finest beach wear, prepping for a week of debauchery and wild, crazy parties.  In some places, people are sleeping and de-stressing.  In some places, people are having fun and enjoying their life.

In the Jerusalem Center, people are frantically trading notes, reviewing flashcards, memorizing terms, and praying to God for help on whatever mountain is ahead.
Studying: the world's leading cause of
spontaneous napping

Welcome to finals week, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.

Unfortunately, the more important a task is, the more likely I am to panic and shut down.  I've probably read more books in the last three days than in the last three months.  Fortunately, I have a great short term memory.  Suddenly I'm having flashbacks to December of my freshman year.  I'm living in a small, confined space with the same small group of people.  None of us are really sure what to expect, so we prepare for the worst and hope for a miracle.  Luckily, I wrote a guide to this exact scenario once upon a time.  This semester, my focus is "C's Get Degrees."  So far, I'm doing a little better than C's... but the sentiment is the same.

Three papers, two finals, and one  midterm down.  Two finals, one research paper to go.  Here's to hoping I still have a future ahead of me after Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment